This is probably one of the most asked questions that I get from my clients, "what can I do when I don't feel like working?"
I choose today to talk about this topic because here in Connecticut it is the start of the spring like weather and today is a rainy day.
One of the benefits that working from home provides is that you can create your own work schedule but taking a day off is not the solution for many of us. The following are a few quick suggestions to help you conquer the moody blues.
1. Get out of your PJ's or lounge clothes. On days when you are especially down or really don't feel like doing much of anything I find that getting out of your lounge clothes is a huge help.
2. Go for a walk or go to the gym. I know if it is raining out most of us who work from home really don't want to venture out in yucky weather but starting your day off by going for a quick walk will get you moving and motivated. I joined a local gym where I spend 30 minutes 3 times a week getting out and getting some exercise. It is amazing how much better you feel after working out.
3. Make a plan and stick to it. Make a plan and put at least 4 things you want to get accomplished and then take the rest of the day relaxing or just lounging. Most likely two things are going to happen. 1. You will get on a roll and forget that you wanted to take the day off or 2. You will get some stuff done and when you take the rest of the day off to lounge you will feel much better about it.
4. Switch Gears. I generally don't advocate this but if your home and really don't feel like working then perhaps you can tackle a personal or home project. Reorganize your hall closet, rearrange your living room or wash your kitchen floor. By switching gears and at least getting something done you
5. Take the day off. Sometimes as busy home business entrepreneurs we forget to take the necessary time off to recharge our batteries. If you don't have any business that needs your immediate attention why not just take the day off and relax.
How do you battle the "I don't feel like working days?" Post your comment below or shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Author: Doreen Dilger – Certified Manifest Method Coach. Tagline: Master Motivator, Excuse Eliminator & Goal-get-her.