Written by Doreen Dilger, The Home Based Business Coach
The truth is, relationships are so imperative in business that without them you will not be able to create a profit. You’ll need to build relationships with many different types of people. Relationships with vendors, contractors, employees, clients and customers are all part of doing business. In fact, some will argue that relationships are one of your most important assets in your business.
1. They Build Trust – Relationships give you time to build and develop trust so that a business deal can be made without worry. That doesn’t mean you don’t still make contracts, but it does mean that you have some assurance based on the relationship that the contract will be honored.
2. Increase Your Average Earnings – Most people earn the average of the five people they’re closest to. This goes to show if you want to increase your income then you need to cultivate relationships with people who earn the amount of money you want to earn.
3. Strong Connections Predict Success – Studies show that people who develop community connections and strong relationships tend to have a better quality of life, and become more successful than those who don’t connect with others.
4. Managing Relationships Takes Skill – There are many different aspects of building relationships that you will need to use in business. This includes having the right mindset, as well as the ability to develop processes and the multiple skills that will enable you to manage multiple types of relationships.
5. They Build Strategy and Leadership – When you understand that relationships are part of the strategy you use to develop leadership, you can go so much further than you ever thought. Mainly, because this is how humans thrive. Whether personal or business relationships, they’re an important component in life.
6. Help You Manage Risk – When you build relationships before you do business with someone, it’s a great way to manage risk. You’re less likely to suffer problems if you’ve done your due diligence and taken the time to get to know someone a little before doing business with them.
7. Relationships Create Value – When you build relationships with your audience, you can get to know them better so that you can create even more value for them. You will get an inside view of what their problems are so you can develop more solutions and value for your customers.
8. The Right Relationships Increase Knowledge – Believe it or not, the more people you meet and cultivate relationships with, the more you can increase your knowledge. It’s all about resources. You don’t have to know everything; you can surround yourself with smart people that you can approach when you have a question. Not only that, you can also find more people to outsource to that you trust.
9. They Improve Joint Venture Opportunities – One way to earn more money is through joint ventures. Short-term partnerships in different projects that you both offer a particular skillset to can help improve your reach, as well as your income.
These are just a few of the reasons why building relationships is so important. They can mean the difference between success and failure.
Did you like this post? Was it helpful? If you have a question or a comment please let me know. You can put them in the feed with my blog post or email them directly to me at email@example.com. You’re feedback would be greatly appreciated!
About the Author: Doreen Dilger – Certified Manifest Method Coach. Tagline: Master Motivator, Excuse Eliminator & Goal-get-her.