Written by Doreen Dilger, The Home Based Business Coach
Any time you put up a video you need to get feedback from your viewers so that you can improve it each time. And the best way to get feedback is to just ask. It’s amazing, but when you take the extra step to ask for feedback, you’ll be more likely to get the feedback you want. You can even be specific with the type of feedback you want. For example, if you got new sound equipment you can ask, “Let me know if you like how this video sounds.”
The more specific you are when asking for feedback from viewers, the better and more useful the feedback will be. Here are some tips.
1. Make an Intro Video – If you use a streamlined method of creating a video by making a similar intro to each video you post, you’ll create a professional vibe that will help the viewers feel more comfortable leaving feedback.
2. Make an Exit Video – Your exit portion of each video should be similar or the same too. This is where you ask for likes, shares, and comments for your video. Being able to insert this exit video will help you remember to ask for feedback.
3. Embed Other Videos – You can embed links to more of your videos, even including forms for specialized feedback if you want extra information about what your viewers like or don’t like about your videos.
4. Ask for Likes – Always ask your viewers to like your videos. Sometimes you might want to tell them why they should like them instead of just enjoying them without clicking like. They might not realize that it helps you keep providing videos to them.
5. Ask for Shares – A good type of feedback is when someone shares your video. All feedback doesn’t have to be a comment; instead a share means, “I liked this enough to share it with others and it has a lot of value.”
6. Ask for Ratings – When you want thumbs up for your video on YouTube for example, you need to ask. People are more likely to vote something down than up. Many people watch a video without any action. Ask for the action and you’ll be glad you did.
7. Ask Viewers for Topic Ideas – A great way to get feedback and engagement from your viewers is to ask them for new ideas for topics that you’ll cover in the future. People love having a say in what they watch, so give it to them.
8. Ask Viewers to Critique the Quality – Sometimes, you want the content to be beside the point, but you’ll have to be specific. Ask your viewers how they like the quality, especially if you did something different or purchased new equipment.
If you really want feedback you’re going to have to ask for it, every single time you post a video. People will only comment on what they want to if you don’t ask for specifics. If you are good about giving feedback with other video creators, you’ll establish a good relationship with them and they’ll do the same for you.
Was this post helpful? If you have a question or a comment please let me know. You can put them in the feed with my blog post or email them directly to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. You’re feedback would be greatly appreciated!
About the Author: Doreen Dilger – Certified Manifest Method Coach. Tagline: Master Motivator, Excuse Eliminator & Goal-get-her.