Written by Doreen Dilger, The Home Based Business Coach
What can you actually do to earn money online? There are literally hundreds of different ways to achieve this. In this article, we'll go over a handful of popular options. You can take any of these methods and make a career out of them; or you can use these as inspiration to come up with your own job description.
1. Graphic or Web Design. As a graphic or web designer, you're responsible for creating brochures, pamphlets, banner ads, websites, logos and anything else that's graphic or web related for your clients.
Your projects could range from $20 for a banner design to $5,000 or more for a website, depending on your level of experience and contacts. Clients can come from offline contacts and referrals or online advertising.
2. Translation. Do you speak or write more than one language? Fluent translators are often in high demand. English to Chinese or English to Spanish and vice versa are two extremely lucrative skills.
You can opt to be either a "live" translator or an "after the fact" translator. A live translator is actually on the phone with both parties, doing a translation live for them. This can be done from home, although you have to be by the phone at certain times. An "after the fact" translator does their written or spoken translations after the actual conversations have occurred.
3. Transcribing. Do you have a fast typing speed? Transcribing can be a very lucrative way of earning a great living.
The two most common types of transcription are medical and legal transcription. You're essentially taking conversations or dictations and turning them into written word.
4. Online Writing. If you're good at research and great at writing, being an online writer could be the perfect work-at-home job for you.
An online writer receives assignments from clients in the form of topics or keywords. It's your job to find out everything you need to know about that topic, then write the article.
Some online writers specialize in certain topics. For example, you could write articles only on health or only about online business.
5. Voice Acting. A lot of business owners want to add voice to their websites or videos, but don't want to use their own voices. In that case, they hire voice actors.
A good voice actor needs to be able to modulate pitch and tone to the client's needs. They need to be able to portray whatever emotion needs to be portrayed and to take on whatever "style" their client needs.
One client might want an excited, fast-talking sales pitch, while the next might want a detached commentator. Whatever the case, a great voice actor needs to be able to adapt.
These are just a handful of possible jobs that you can do from home. Any one of these work-at-home jobs can earn you a very decent living once you figure out your optimal way of landing clients.
So are you thinking about starting a home based business? If you have a question or a comment please let me know. You can put them in the feed with my blog post or email them directly to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. You’re feedback would be greatly appreciated!
About the Author: Doreen Dilger – Master Motivator, Excuse Eliminator & Goal-get-her. The Home Based Business Coach.