Written by Doreen Dilger, The Home Based Business Coach
Once you have created a course and set it up on a delivery platform, you need to start promoting your course. If you don’t promote your course, then no one will purchase it and you won’t earn money. Promotion is when the real work of the entire course happens. There are multiple ways to promote your course.
1. SEO – Search engine optimization is very important to ensure that people find out about your course. There is on-page and off-page SEO to consider. In short, SEO when done right can enhance the ability of your audience to find your sales pages, blogs, and course.
2. Social Media – Use social media to promote your courses. Hint about them and give a sneak peek into them. Pull out quotes from your course to promote with memes on social media, using images that relate to your course.
3. Blogging – Write a series of blog posts about the problems that can be solved by taking the course. If you educate the audience on their pain points and then give them the solution to solve it, the course, they will sign up.
4. Interviews – Conduct interviews with people who have radio or podcasts. During the interview, mention your eCourse, offering a special coupon code for listeners.
5. Testimonials – Give your course to a few good people in order to collect testimonials for the course so that you can put them on your sales page. People like proof that your program works, and this is the best way to gather that proof.
6. EBook – You can actually turn the course idea into an eBook which you can use to promote the course. Make an eBook that discusses the pain points and potential solutions to the problems, including your eCourse.
7. Webinars – Have a webinar to talk about the pain points and problems of the audience the course is for. Then give them a special offer they can’t refuse if they sign up right now for the full eCourse.
8. Sales Page – A really awesome sales page can help you promote your eCourse. You want a page that is totally focused on your audience, their pain points, and how the course will solve their problems.
9. Affiliate Marketing – You can use many affiliate networks in addition to your sales page to promote your course. It depends on how you set up the course but you can use aMember.com, ClickBank.com, and other affiliate software to help promote your course. When you have other people helping, you’ll sell a lot more courses.
10. Giveaways – You can give away small reports, small segments of the course, and other information to get people to sign up for an email list where you can promote the course in more detail.
It’s important to do a combination of every one of these ways to promote your eCourse if you want to earn you a lot of money from it. A course can earn hundreds and even thousands of dollars if you do what it takes to get the word out to the audience.
Was this post helpful? If you have a question or a comment please let me know. You can put them in the feed with my blog post or email them directly to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. You’re feedback would be greatly appreciated!
About the Author: Doreen Dilger – Certified Manifest Method Coach. Tagline: Master Motivator, Excuse Eliminator & Goal-get-her.